FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT REGISTRATION OF INVITATIONS FOR A FOREIGNER TO RUSSIA.
Visa is issued at the Consulate of the Russian Federation in your country of residence. Visa may be issued on the basis of an invitation from the Russian host (an individual, a company, a registered tour operator).
With our help you can get an invitation, but you should apply for a visa yourself at the Russian consulate in your country, the invitation being the justification of your trip.
No, he/she can only provide you with the invitation. You make a visa request on your own at the Consulate of Russia in your state of residence.
Yes, but only on if you live there permanently and legally (work visa, residence permit, student visa, etc.). If you are somewhere on basis of a short-term visa (tourism, visiting friends, business trip, participation in competitions/festivals), then you have no right to seek a visa in this state. The only exception is if there is no Russian consulate in your country.
There are 2 options:
Using our services:
- order the required invitation
- once it is ready, it is sent to you, so you can now apply to the Russian consulate for obtaining a visa
Without our help:
- ask your Russian friend to contact their nearest the Federal Migration Services department and apply for a guest invitation
- then he/she will need to fill in the required application, pay a state fee, provide supporting documents certifying that he/she has sufficient financial resources to support your stay in Russia
- once a guest invitation is ready, it needs to be sent to you, so you can now apply to the Russian consulate for obtaining a visa
We issue tourist and business invitations. You can read about the differences here.
- Application form
- 2 photos 3,5х4,5
Additionally, the Consulate may ask to provide documents about your financial status, a work certificate and any other documents.
No, we cannot give 100% guarantees as a guest invitation from your friend issued at the FMS is as valid and reliable as ours. The purpose of our services is only to relieve you and your friends of bureaucratic process and standing in lines at the FMS offices, and in some cases also we can get the invitation ready faster. Reasons for visa denials always lie not within an invitation, but within doubts of the Russian Consul considering whether the applicant is going to stay in Russia illegally after the expiration of the visa.
If you didn’t find an answer to your question, use our online consultant chat or request a call.